Sunday, January 28, 2007

News from the black...

Sorry it’s taken so long to be in contact; communications here in Popondetta and Oro Bay are less reliable than I expected…

Suffice it to say that I have arrived safely.

With many important matters to discuss, let me begin with the trivial:

I have discovered the perfect shoes for the PNG climate: crocs. Light, comfortable, don’t get soggy in mud puddles. It was worth the time and effort traipsing all over Melbourne to find the right size, style and colour.

There are a few issues with this placement at Oro Bay that I am trying to work out. For now, can I just ask that those of you who pray, please mention this situation occasionally. Thanks.

I’m hogging someone else’s computer to write this, so I should go.

Love to all,

Sharmini

No comments: