Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas is coming in PNG...

I thought that I would escape the pre-Christmas endless repetition of Christmas songs in supermarkets, but whe I arrived in Goroka, guess what? they had 'Let it snow' playing in the local supermarket. (Which is about as likely to happen as... well, something very very unlikely.)
I have, however, arrived safely. I had a dream trip, no problems with any of the connections. Special thanks to Deshan and Clayde who drove me to the airport, hung around to keep me company, and provided expert advice on packing.
I'm looking forward to a few days of readjusting to the climate and the language, and also getting some rest over Christmas, before heading out to Popondetta and Oro Bay. Have a wonderful Christmas, everyone!
Sharmini

No comments: